The Meaning Of Color In Life
- The Color of Energy
- Life is full of color and like so many other things on your
path, color also has meaning. They are representations of messages
from your higher self, God, dreams, whatever the label. But you
don't have to be a Metaphysician to understand the importance
of color in your life. It exists in every day experiences.
- Many people associate the color white with God, pink with
love and purple with royalty or spirituality. But it's important
to remember that color definition tables are influenced by culture
and tradition. There IS NO one set definition for color. There
are many! The following is a brief outline of primary colors
and their common interpretation, but remember to use this information
only as a guide. This system is used in my tradition and is based
on Shamanistic understandings and how those are associated to
the practices of the spiritual chakra system.
- Colors generally have two meanings depending on the appearance
(vibrant v. dull) and state (consistent v. spiked). Colors such
as black and brown can denote the same emotion regardless of
- Black :
- Indicates hatred, negativity, depression and miserly. When
this appears in an aura, it is usually localized or appears as
wisps floating through the aura.
- Red :
- Can indicate fear or anger.
- Vibrant Red: When seen in a clear, vibrant and constant
state, it represents fear or strong anxiety.
- Dull Red: Generally represents anger. The deeper the
red, the stronger the emotion.
- A Consistent Red: A consistent dark red indicates a violent
nature, a selfish and deceitful attitude.
- A Red Spike: A spike of red, either vibrant or dull
in appearance, indicates the same meanings as above. However
instead of representing the consistent nature of the subject,
the spike indicates the sudden emotion in the current conversation
or situation the subject is engaged in at that moment.
- Yellow :
- Success, creativeness, jealousy, selfishness.
It has been my experience that a person with a thin line (1-4
inches) of yellow takes on the characteristics of this color
in either their personal or professional life, but not both.
A yellow aura wider then 5 inches, indicates characteristics
in both aspects of the subjects life.
- Vibrant Yellow: Clear yellow denotes intelligence,
wisdom, and success.
- Dull Yellow: A dull yellow indicates jealousy, a selfishness
and negative outlook.
- Green :
- Light Green shades, indicate the onset or potential
for injury and the subject should be cautious for the next few
- Darker Green shades, generally indicate the injury
has already occurred and is in the process of healing.
- Blue :
- Spiritually searching. A dissatisfaction or a feeling that
there's something more.
- Vibrant Blue: Pride, adoration, dedication.
A subject with any shade of the lighter blues is generally beginning
their spiritual quest. (This does not mean a metaphysical quest,
but rather a journey that will fill the 'missing' pieces of their
current existence. This can just as easily be accomplished through
any fundamental religion).
Darker blues typically indicate the subject has found their spiritual
path and is continuing their education in the chosen realm.
- Dull Blue: Taking life for granted, being too content,
can appear to be selfish, narrow minded, arrogance, or self-righteous.
There are many traits which accompany religious zeal, such as
self-righteousness, dedication, pride, adoration and worship.
These wide variations are usually indicated by some shade of
- Heightened spiritual awareness, self-esteem, and high ideals.
- Light Purple: People with lighter shades of purple
are refining or polishing their spiritual nature. They are actively
working on the balance of each aspect of their lives (personal,
spiritual, professional), their attitudes and acceptance of others,
and their existence with other life.
- Mid-Dark: Teachers of their chosen spiritual path.
They maybe working on a few issues of balancing, but for the
most part, they are patient, kind, and willing to go out of their
way for people.
- White :
- Indicates purity and/or protection. When detected in the
outer layers of the aura, can indicate an area of the body which
has been over energized, or is over active.
The following are not primary colors, but each is associated
with very strong and consistent emotions. Unlike other combination
colors, these have meanings of their own and can stand on their
- Pink :
- Affection, love, enjoyment, pity, guilt.
- Vibrant Pink: Indicates love, affection and a resilient
- Dull Pink: Denotes 'care with caution', pity or guilt.
- Confidence, ambition, pride.
- Vibrant Orange: Indicates ambition, pride, self-sufficiency.
- Dull Orange: A lack of warmth, but a strong desire
for success and popularity.
- Brown :
- Selfishness, deception, confusion or discouragement.
- Light Brown: Indicates confusion or discouragement.
The lack of confidence in ones self, the present situation or
in the subject being addressed.
- Dark Brown: Indicates selfishness, fault finding,
and a tendency toward deception.
- To learn more about colors and how it affects your life,
you might like to click here and find out about Auras,
The Color's of Life.
- If you'd like to learn more about your energy field, click
here to learn How To Read An Aura.
- Click here and try some of our Aura
Reading Exercises. As with anything, practice, patience with
yourself and determination will all make your new sense of seeing
the aura become a reality. Just don't lose faith in yourself.
You can do this! Every one can.
Sources: 1, b6,