Evolving The Spirit
- Karma isn't the only thing that can set up thought patterns
and actions in your life. How you think affects the way you feel.
Our own thought patterns effect the health of our body, mind
and spirit. Basically you're creating an uneasiness or "dis-ease"
in your body, by the way you think and feel and approach each
situation in your life. So each emotional thought pattern is
really an underlying "cause" of a physical illness,
or emotional situation in your life.
- We all set up recurring thought
patterns in our subconscious that affect how we live our life.
These patterns could be self doubt, a lack of confidence, or
emotional perspectives based on how you interact with others.
These thoughts can come from societies preconceived notions about
the kind of person you are, from family and friends, and from
your own views about situations you have experienced in your
- If you are a person who has been through many failed relationships,
you could develop a thought pattern that causes you to expect
failure in any new relationship that comes your way. Which is
a way to set up a self fulfilling prophecy, even when your own
"expected perception" is wrong.
- Allowing these thought patterns to reside in your subconscious,
allows them to dictate your choices in life, which at times can
be detrimental to self-growth and enlightenment.
Change In Your Life
- So how can you change old patterns and release karma? What
simple exercise can you do each day to help the evolution of
your spirit? Through the process of Acknowledgment, Acceptance
, Forgiveness, Action and Letting Go.
- You can't release something until you know it exists or are
willing to admit it exists. So you first have to acknowledge
- Once you've faced the fact it does exist, you have to accept
it. That's part of unconditional love of the self. To accept
the characteristic or action without judgment and to just accept
it with love.
- Now that you've accepted the pattern, give yourself a break
and forgive yourself for taking on this pattern. You're human
and we all do this. No one expects you to be absolutely perfect.
So don't expect that from yourself. It is what it is, you've
acknowledge the pattern and you want to change it. There's no
reason to feel regret or guilt, you can't change the past. But
you can change the future. Focus on that.
- Action and Letting Go.
- Now the Action to correct these thought patterns, or repay
this karmic debt can be implemented. In affecting change in your
life, you are letting go of the past and moving toward self-growth
- Using Affirmations
- One way to help bring about change in your life it so focus
on replacing negative thinking with positive thinking through
affirmations. Affirmations are a way of reprogramming the subconscious
to think differently and to automatically react in a more positive
way when trigger situations occur in your life.
- For instance, if you have problems with anxiety, you can
use an affirmation to alter the underlying thought process associated
with this ailment. First thing to do is understand what causes
your anxiety. The underlying metaphysical
cause of anxiety is "Not trusting the flow and process
- Affirmation Example:
- I am the embodiment of the Great Spirits,
- I trust the process and flow of life.
- I love and approve of myself . I am safe.
- And So It Is.
- It sounds simple, but reciting this kind of basic affirmation
can do a lot to change your thoughts and automatic reactions
to situations that bring up anxiety in your life.
- You can create your own affirmation to address patterns you
want to change in your life. There are a few basic characteristics
- The Divine Self
- The first part of your affirmation should connect your physical
mind to your subconscious Higher Mind or Divine Self. Such as
one of the following:
- - I am the embodiment of the Great Spirits,
- - I can make change because I am one with the Divine Spirit,
- - I am one with God,
- - I am a divine creation of the Universal Spirit
- The Corrected Thought Pattern
- The second part of your affirmation corrects the negative
thought pattern you're trying to change. This is done on a subtle
level, you don't want to focus on the pattern but rather the
corrected pattern. So if you're trying to stop sabotaging relationships,
don't focus on the negative action. Rather your affirmation should
focus on the new positive reaction. Here are a few examples:
- I am open and accept love into my life.
To be open for a loving relationship.
- I choose to create a life filled with joy.
To change patterns of sadness or anger
- I move with ease through time and space.
To move forward and stop living in the past
- I freely take in new ideas
To be more accepting of change in your life
- A Statement of Action
- Next you want to put the new thought into practice with a
statement of action. You can use one or two sentences to do this.
But keep them short. Here are a few examples using the corrected
thought patterns above.
- I love and approve of myself
Start a loving relationship with yourself
- I am happy and see beauty in all things
Be happy and appreciate your life
- I look forward to the future with joy
Focus on the future with excitement
- I adapt to the new with ease
Accept and work with changes as they come easily
- Embedding the Affirmation In the Now
- The final part of your affirmation is to set it in stone
as something you are doing now. Not something you need to do,
or need help doing. But rather something you've already implemented
into your life and are doing in the here and now. The best way
to put a fine point on that is to simply end your affirmation
with So It Is, or Amen.
- So Mote It Be, is a very common pagan saying that
is basically asking to "let it be". It's a petition
of action. An affirmation should be an action that isn't waiting
for approval, but rather has already been enacted by the subconscious.
This is ok for a prayer or incantation, but not an affirmation.
- So It Is and Amen, in contrast are solemn ratifications
of an expression of faith. They are a hearty approval that the
previous statement has been asserted into reality.
- Using Affirmations
- Affirmations are designed to change your subconscious thought,
which will require a light meditative state of being when they
are recited. That doesn't mean you have to sit down and prepare
a meditation space. Simply taking a moment to focus your being
on your Divine self, seeing and feeling your connection to the
Divine force in your life and then reciting your affirmation
is all you need to do.
- An affirmation is recited at least twice a day. Typically
in the morning when you rise and at night before you go to bed.
The best method is reciting your affirmation 3 times a day, in
the morning, at lunch and at night.
- There are many ways you can write your affirmation to remind
you to read it. Here are a few examples to help give you some
- Mirror Method
Place a copy of your affirmation on a mirror you use in the morning
and at night. Each time you look in the mirror, read the affirmation
and really feel yourself pulling the words into your Divine self.
- Visual Cards
Place multiple copies of your affirmation in various rooms or
places you spend your time in during the day. At home on the
fridge, on your mirror, in your office at work, next to your
bed, or even in your car. Recite your affirmation while you're
sitting still and take a moment to focus on it's words and see
them being imprinted on your subconscious mind.
- Using Your PC
One of the most creative methods I've heard of, is using your
PC's screen saver to pop up a graphical image of your affirmation.
I've seen people use a simple text scroll for their affirmation,
to a little more creative graphical image that has the affirmation
with a supporting picture next to the words. Each time the screen
saver pops up, the affirmation is read.
Another PC idea is using the wall paper feature on your PC to
hold your affirmation. This way you see the affirmation when
you first start up your PC, and then again when you close all
the applications before you shut your PC down for the night.
- Existing Affirmations
- There are three affirmations created for general purpose,
channeled by Rev. Michelle Lusson, D.D. a renowned author, teacher
and channel. These affirmations were given to Dr. Lusson to help
the human spirit with the process of spiritual evolution. They
are used to address general self growth and advance spiritual
enlightenment. These affirmations are called The 3 Healers, Faith, Hope and Charity.
- You can review some of the affirmations I have created to
address some of the common thought patterns that a person may
hold. Find the one that best fits your situation at Affirmations
- Or visit the Healing Circle
section to learn more about using healing affirmations for addressing
disease and ailments.
- Source: 1, 8,
- Created: 10/2/1996 Updated: 03/25/2008