Healing By Proxy
- Absentee Healing
- One of the wonderful things about energy, is that it can
be directed and channeled over great distances. If you have the
talent as a healer, you might want to offer your gift to someone
in need, but hesitate because they are in a different location,
state, or even country.
- Well, once again I'd like to state my favorite quote:
- Albert Einstein:
- Thought is energy. To create it, just use your imagination.
- Now Albert knew something that many people are now becoming
aware of. Just as a psychic can provide readings over the phone
or over the computer, so too can a healer connect with a client
and deliver healing energy.
- Using A Proxy
- But what if you can't speak to the person,
online or on the phone? The easiest method then is to use a proxy.
So what's a proxy?
- A proxy is an object that is utilized by a healer, to represent
the recipient of the healing energy. The proxy is used in place
of the person, animal or whatever, that can not be in your physical
presence at the time of the healing.
- My favorite proxy is teddy bear. But you can use a pillow,
a picture of the person, a doll, statue or whatever you feel
comfortable with. The proxy helps the healing channel focus and
direct the energy needed by the recipient. The client relieves
the energy through the proxy, because that's what you've set
it up to do before you began the healing session.
- Setting The Intent Of A Proxy
- This is very important and is a step you can not miss or
bypass for an absentee healing. When you're ready to send healing
to a client you'll need to concentrate and set the intent of
using the proxy in place of the physical contact with the recipient.
By using your imagination, prayer and intent, the Divine forces
will help you to direct the energy needed through the ethers
to the client which it's intended for.
- Setting the proxy is really very easy and just takes a few
moments. Find an object that you'll want to use for your proxy.
Prepare your space as you would for any spiritual exercise. Then
set your intent and begin. The following is a brief example of
how Spring teaches Absentee Healing in her Reiki workshops.
- Prepare your ritual space. Chose a place where you will not
be disturbed for about 30 minutes.
- Light a candle and say a personal prayer asking your guides,
teachers, angels, and your personal Divine force(s) to assist
you with this healing.
- Now sit in a comfortable position and place your proxy in
front of you.
- Close your eyes and take in a few deep cleansing breaths.
- Imagine a white inner glow of divine light building within
your solar plexus.
- With each breath, the light enlarges until your entire body
is fully engulfed with the Divine light.
- Hold your hand in front of your face, palms facing each other,
but not touching.
- Imagine the face and essence of the individual who will be
receiving your healing energy. Hold this image of them in your
- Once you feel comfortable with the connection you've made,
it's important to ask the individual if they are willing to receive
this gift of energy for whatever their higher purpose deems necessary.
- If you sense an answer of acceptance, then slowly lower your
hands to the proxy. You want to place the "essence"
of their face upon the position of the proxy that will represent
their head. As you place your hands on the proxy, say to yourself
or out loud, "I place 'their name', upon this object and
ask that this 'teddy bear' (or whatever) signify, connect with
and represent the physical being of 'their name'. For the highest
good and Divine purpose of all concerned, I ask this to be at
this time for the purposes of receiving a healing (or state what
your purpose is to be). So be it."
- Now you can open your eyes if you wish (I don't) and being
the healing on the proxy.
- Once the healing has been conducted, inform the client that
you will be raising your hands from their proxy body. Breaking
the connection between proxy and body.
- Hold your hands together in front of your face once more.
Palms facing each other, but not touching. Imagine the face of
the individual again and thank them for allowing you to bring
them this Divine gift of healing. Then acknowledge the healing
has concluded and they will be released at this time.
- Imagine their face gently and peacefully fading, closing
the doorway between your psyche and theirs.
- Place your hands over the proxy, but don't touch it. Actually
I like to use a feather fan for this step rather than my hands.
What ever you chose to do will be fine. But the idea is to brush
away any left over or residue energy from the proxy. I imagine
the fan sweeping away the left over energy, allowing it to float
into space where it can dissipated and no longer do harm to anyone.
I also imagine a burst of Divine protection, cleansing and purification
energy blasting the proxy from the inside out.
- I thank the proxy for it's services. I thank all my guides,
teachers and so on for their help and assistance. And then I
give a final prayer of thanks to the Divine forces for allowing
me to be a channel of healing and I ask that the session now
- Now remember this is just a suggested method. Try different
variations for yourself until you find the right the combination
that works best for you. Just remember your intent is what's
most important here. How you conduct the 'ritual' can be refined
with time, practice and experience. Give yourself a chance to
make a few mistakes. Keep a log of your trials. Make notes about
those practices you like and notations about those you didn't
and give yourself a few suggestions for how to do it next time.
- With a bit of practice, you'll be able to provide absentee
healings to anyone, anywhere and at anytime.
- Good Luck!
- Source: 1, h5,
- Created: 05.29.1999